W&S Cleaner Job In Portugal At American Sugar Refining, Inc.
$16.83 an hour
Full Job Description
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The W&S Cleaner is responsible for general cleaning and dust mitigation within the refinery.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
- Cleans floors, stairways, handrails, walls, ledges, equipment, and other surfaces in assigned industrial areas and/or office spaces in prescribed method as directed
- Performs dust mitigation tasks assigned for the respective work area
- Performs other associated laboring and cleaning duties such as hauling and handling supplies, picking up and dumping debris, etc. as required.
- Reports issues that can affect various areas of our system as directed by Supervision.
- May support other areas as directed
- Performs all jobs in accordance with established safety practices and sanitation standards.
- Previous industrial cleaning experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED
Essential Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Personal Attributes)
- Familiarity with and ability to use proper cleaning methods and equipment
- Ability to learn and perform sanitation cleaning methods.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to perform tasks such as climbing, lifting and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Starting Rate $16.83
Location Of Role
- Chalmette, LA