Warehouse Operative Jobs in Portugal at Currys
We are Currys. One team with one big passion. Technology. We sell it, we deliver it, we install it, we support it, we fix it. And, most important of all, we bring a human touch to tech to make the magic happen!
As the UK’s best-known retailer in tech, we are very proud of the service levels we provide for our customers. Online, in-store or in their homes, we go the extra mile. And it’s all down to our people, 30,000+ capable and committed colleagues, learning together, growing together, making us amazing and celebrating the wins together.
Warehouse operative duties
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space – perhaps using loading and lifting gear for heavy goods, like washing machines.
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely (especially chemicals and food) and labelled correctly and safely (especially chemicals and food).
- Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
- As a packer, you may spend most of your time at a packing machine or conveyor line. You’ll put products into containers, such as boxes and crates, using bubble wrap or polystyrene chips, and then seal the containers ready for delivery to shops and stores. You will also ensure orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders.
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine.
- With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential.
- Damian Taylor, a warehouse operative at supermarket chain Lidl, spoke about his typical day: “Cleaning, picking, training of employees. Literally everything and anything. I come in and crack on with the orders.
You will need:
- Previous warehouse experience is essential
- An ability to pick up tasks and apply processes quickly
- Counterbalance licence desireable
- Excellent team skills and communication
- To enjoy providing great customer service
- To adhere to strict health and safety policies for the safety of you and your colleagues
We win together as one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- Discounts across big brand names in retail, travel and cinema
- Colleague discounts across our range of brands; Currys PC World, Carphone Warehouse and Dixons Travel
- 6 weeks of annual leave (inclusive of bank holiday entitlement)
Beyond that, we’ll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you’ll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We’re building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.