Technology Portfolio Project Manager Job in Denmark at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 89 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 23,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock Exchange.
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters – join our global team.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Nacelle Technology Development department within Offshore Technology, we are looking for a Technology Portfolio Manager who will assist in defining the technology development on both short-, mid- and long term, based in our Nacelle development department in Brande, Denmark. Our department is responsible for the structural integrity, design of new technology and technology development of different technologies in nacelle like bearings, yaw and pitch systems.
How to contribute to our vision
As a Project portfolio manager, you will take a central part in the development of our Nacelle Technology system for our next generation Siemens Gamesa offshore wind turbines. You will be responsible for our technical roadmap system, and the corresponding planning and budget towards technology development projects, for the Offshore Nacelle Module (NAC).
You will need to be agile and strong in driving tasks with multiple stakeholders and be able to take lead on establishing systems in cross functional environments in close collaboration with the specialists within the nacelle module. Your work will be carried out in our Nacelle Technology Development department, where new products and technologies are designed, developed, matured, and tested.
Your responsibility will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure Technology Roadmap (TRM) is in place for the core technology areas
- Technology Project Portfolio ownership and ensure structure for breakdown of TRM’s into technology projects
- Establish a clear link between TRM and Product Roadmap
- Utilization of the TRM to aid in strategic decisions on which projects to run
- Drive preparation of the annual NAC TD portfolio budget and take ownership of it throughout the year
- Communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status and progress of the portfolio, including presenting at the TD Steering Committee
- Ensure TD projects are governed effectively through the Technology Development Process
- Coach and develop project managers across the NAC module
- Review and approve gate deliverables to ensure quality and consistency
- Participate in project sponsor meetings and gate readiness checks
- Develop improvement initiatives for both TD projects and the department deliverables into NPD projects
- Ensure SGRE procedures, processes and tools are aligned within the module
- Drive resource capacity planning within NAC TD department
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. Furthermore you:
- hold a M.Sc. in mechanical or marine engineering with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience with project management
- are outgoing and proactive, and you possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- are analytical, structured and self motivated
- are innovative and your approach to task solving is both technically sound and commercially viable
- Have experience in the fields of project or portfolio management of development projects
- strive in a cross-functional, international setting and understand team dynamics
- understand budgets and resource planning in relation to projects
- possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
You should have a natural curiosity towards finding better/smarter solutions. Enjoy working methodically and keeping track of what has been done throughout a development project while keeping an agile approach. You possess strong coordination and interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment that demands synergy and cooperation. Motivation for making things happen and taking pride in keeping people informed and updated on progress.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated……What we offer:
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
To become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
- Senior Project Manager Job in Canada at Bell
- Test Engineer Jobs in Portugal at Paratus People Limited
- Category Manager for Raw Materials Jobs in Portugal at 1st Executive Limited