Technician (Orion Laser Facility) Job in United Kingdom at AWE Plc
AWE is currently recruiting for a Technician to begin their career working within our world leading laser facility contributing to the successful operations of the Target Fabrication team, whilst also enjoying the benefits of a great work life balance that gives you every other Friday off! This is an ideal opportunity for those who have an interest in science and are interested in a role where they are fully supported to work in our Orion Laser Facility.
Package – £21,700 – £28,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, including Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
The role within our Target Fabrication team will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work within our scientific labs, focusing on preparation of materials/coatings and the precision metrology of these components as well as the targets to support high energy density plasma physics experiments on laser facilities around the world.
What will you be responsible for?
- Supporting the provision of experimental and technical capabilities assigned to you
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping within the Lab environment
- Preparing materials that relate to experiments
- Precision metrology at and below sub-micron level
- Undertaking work in compliance with Company processes, standards, and procedures
- Supporting continuous improvement activities within the local area
- May be required to carry out safety related roles including but not limited to Work Supervisory Officer; Competent, Nominated or Authorised Person Electrical; COSHH Assessor; Manual Handling Assessor
What will you need to be considered?
- Attention to detail must be demonstrable
- A willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS programmes
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.