Material Handler Job in Denmark at Fox Valley Metal-Tech
Full Job Description
Fox Valley Metal-Tech is a custom metal fabrication company based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, serving local and nationally recognized companies in the defense contracting, pulp and paper, converting, custom machine building, foundry, food and beverage industries. Setting itself apart from other like companies, Fox Valley Metal-Tech delivers customized solutions where others cannot. All achieved by a talented and dedicated workforce striving to deliver quality in everything it does.
- Unload Trucks
- Efficiently operate a forklift to transport all products though-out company production and warehousing locations
- Effectively organize material and accurately kit and pick parts for work orders
- Ensure transportation and aesthetic quality of product is maintain to next operation
- Sort, stock, kit materials/ parts
- Visually inspect all materials and products
- Product preservation
- Assure all parts are labeled before moving parts
- Assist in other areas of the shop as assigned
- Maintain shop and yard (manage pallets, waste bins, empty and working skids)
- Contribute to a positive work atmosphere
- Follow standard ISO and other work procedures
- Read and understand job travelers
- Understand manufacturing due dates to support customer on-time delivery
- Pre and post inspection of material handling equipment
- Record information regarding movements of supplies, material and finished products
- Good work ethics
- Clean work area(s) and equipment regularly by removing empty pallets, wood, plastic, and dunnage material
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skill
- Basic print reading skills
- Basic reading/writing skills
- Follow established safety procedures
- Able to support other employees and supervisors with material handling action
- Ability or experience in driving Sprinter vans and straight trucks (manual transmission experience is a plus)
- To successfully working alone as well as in a team setting
- Shop Patrol: Your day will consist of patrolling the shop moving items based on move tags or employee direction. Unload raw material and other items as requested by receiving. Keep all racks shop areas and yard neat and organized. Assist shipping with packaging as needed.
- Warehouse kitting: gather, organize, and store piece parts based on routing in the travelers, kitting together items in preparation for the next operation. Clearly identify and label all items in the racks. Distribute kitted items to the next operation or project area
Education/Experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. is required. In lieu of education, a combination of education and experience may be substituted. 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment desired, previous forklift experience preferred
Specialized Experience: Knowledge of metal materials, use of hand tools, and blueprint reading are preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Frequently: sit, walk, squat, kneel, bend/stoop, climb, twist, reach (at/above/below) shoulder, lift/push/pull/carry 50 lbs., fine manipulation of one/both hands, grasp, and operate foot controls
Percent of job performed per Hours Worked:
0% – 15% Seldom
16% – 33% Occasionally
34% – 65% Moderate
66% – up Frequently
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to mild temperatures and conditions and will be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Fox Valley Metal-Tech has grown to become an employer of choice for machinists, welders and metal finishers alike for its challenging work and employee friendly work environment. Come be part of our team today. Great people, great work, great environment; that’s Fox Valley Metal-Tech. Fox Valley Metal-Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.