Maintenance Technician Job in Portugal at Hovione
Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
You will be responsible to:
- Performs maintenance on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical). Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to increase reliability, capability and yield.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems / failures.
- Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Participate in the day to day preventative and corrective tasks (mechanical / electrical / instrumentation) in-line with the planned asset lifecycle management instructions
- Maintain, service, repair and troubleshoot all equipment and installations (mechanical / electrical / instrumentation) on site as per Standard Operating
- Procedures, maintenance work instructions or engineering best practices
- Ensure that equipment and infrastructures are maintained within their safe design operating limits, and in a way that avoids danger to personnel or the public
- Ensure the correct completion of all required documentation, paper or system based, associated with own work
- Participate in the implementation of continuous improvement initiative and lean tools within the area (TOP meetings, TPM, 5S, SMED, 8D)
- Participate in the Quality Assurance and HSE programs, guaranteeing the timely implementation of corrective actions (CAPA)
We are looking to recruit a Candidate:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing maintenance environment (mandatory), preferably in a highly regulated environment
- Formal knowledge or experience of working with process, systems and tools utilized in the maintenance context (mechanical, electrical or instrumentation)
- Numerical capability for simple arithmetic.
- Computer literate.
- Clear and open communication skills (written and verbal).
- Competent (written and verbal); basic capabilities of English (highly desirable).