We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to clean our kitchen and support our cooking staff. This is an entry-level job but if you’re good at it, you’ll be invaluable in making sure our kitchen is always sanitized and tidy.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include washing pots and pans, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas and occasionally helping with food prep work. If you think you’ll enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, we’d like to meet you.
- Keep all kitchen work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and ending of shifts
- Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations
- Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation
- Arrange equipment and ingredient deliveries
- Keep the food and supply storage areas organized
- A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
- The ability to stand for long hours
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Patience and cool-headedness