Food Safety & Quality Auditor Job in Denmark at Schreiber Foods
Full Job Description
The Food Safety and Quality Auditor is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance to food safety, quality and customer expectations across Schreiber global facilities and Supplier sites through auditing. You will coordinate food safety and quality audits and follow-up processes to assess and reduce food safety and quality risks. You will collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and implement robust, sustainable solutions. Through auditing processes, you will ensure that compliance to Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is sustained.
This position will be a hybrid role, hosting the opportunity to work remotely, as well as from our Home Office in Green Bay, Wisconsin when you are not traveling to our various plant locations.
What you’ll do:
- Perform Food Safety and Quality audits of internal plants, bulk cheese, ingredient, co-pack, warehouse, and packaging suppliers. Work with home office, plant leadership and suppliers to identify gaps and sustainable solutions. Assess and report compliance through audit metrics.
- Conduct risk analysis, prioritize and manage auditing related projects of various scopes.
- Coordinate and support innovation, customer & supplier initiatives in conjunction with Enterprise Quality & Food Coordinate and support innovation, customer & supplier initiatives in conjunction with Enterprise Quality & Food Safety, Supply Chain, Operations, R&D, and Sales. Utilize auditing processes to ensure key customer requirements are met.
- Create, coordinate and deliver training related to food safety and quality auditing processes, customer and regulatory requirements and GFSI certification.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy, Food Science or related field
- 3 years of experience in Food Quality/ Manufacturing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient auditing skills coupled with food manufacturing experience.
- Mid-level understanding of microbiology and food science.
- Proficiency working in a variety of software and computer programs.
- Proven ability to assess risk and make decisions.
- GFSI (SQF), dairy and PMO experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (within and outside of the US)
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program