Fire watch Job in United States at McDermott
Full Job Description
Description – External
- Watch out for fire hazards in the workplace while work is performed by other employees.
- Maintain the conditions and requirements stated on the safety permit.
- Keep flammable materials from ignition sources.
- In the event of fire, extinguish it immediately or turn a fire alarm on.
- Call 911 of the emergency alarm number, and or notify plant service
- Stop operations if you find any hazardous condition.
- Make sure you and other employees are aware of the exact location of fire fighting equipment in the immediate area
- Maintain constant means of communication
- As much as possible, keep visual and voice contact with other employees.
- Before and during each shift, inspect the entire work area and look for potential release of flammable vapors or liquids.
- Be prepared to operate fire extinguishers, hydrants, fixed monitors, and hose carts anytime.
- Never leave the job site while the work is being done. If you have to leave, stop the job and notify workers that you are “standing-by-for”.
- When all operations are done, do not leave the worksite unless you’re sure that there are no hot sparks, burning embers and other fire hazards. Return all fire fighting equipment to their original location
- Perform general labor on construction site. Labor does not interfere with Fire Watch/Hole Watch duties.
- Able to perform some support tasks with close supervision/direction and support.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Federal background check required for site access
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgement. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: USA-Wyoming-Sinclair Job: Safety Employee Status: Direct / Regular Schedule: Full-time Job Posting: Mar 24, 2022, 2:03:19 PM