Purpose of Position:
The Director Compensation and HR Operations will lead the company’s Compensation and HR Operations functions including Compensation, Payroll, Workers Compensation, Compliance, HR Technology and Analytics. Will provide leadership for a team that builds Human Resources processes, systems, and tools to run seamlessly at scale and provide analytical insights that drive improved decision making around people and culture. Taking a data-driven approach to recommend new initiatives, as well as review current programs to improve the business process, impact, and employee experience. To be successful in this role, you must act as a consultant to the business, working closely with the rest of the Human Resource team, and deeply understand our business priorities working to develop and maintain business solutions.
Responsible for collaborating with other HR team members and business leaders to design new and improve existing compensation, payroll, workers compensation and HR operations’ processes to achieve better business outcomes, enable talent acquisition, retention and automate manual efforts. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the company’s compensation programs (including payroll and workers compensation); ensuring that compensation strategy and programs support the company’s objectives and meet all legal requirements. This position will be a key leader for our HRMS project and ultimately the business owner of our core HR Management System. HR Operations’ focus is to improve HR capabilities including employee data management, absence management, project time tracking, contingent workforce management, and compensation planning. This position will also play a key role to help define HR metrics and analytics to provide people intelligence to executives. The focus will be delivering user friendly HR processes to accommodate our business, contribute to an excellent employee experience, and protect Foster Farms culture and values.
Reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes applications related to the issue of employment licences with regards to third country nationals to be employed in Malta.
- Department leadership for Payroll, Workers Compensation, HRIS and Compensation
- Responsible for implementation of new systems/processes to further streamline and automate HR business process. Evaluate current HR processes to identify areas for improvement through technical solutions.
- Key leader for the HRMS project, working closely with HRMS project leader, consultants and strong partnership with internal cross functional business partners on HRMS project implementation (IT, Finance, Operations, Payroll, Benefits, HR)
- Ensure consistent and reliable service delivery for internal customers through continuous improvement of our workforce solutions, client support and crisp execution of projects, oversee the roll-out of new technologies
- Responsible for Company-wide Compensation programs, policies and procedures in line with market trends and company objectives including: exempt and non-exempt pay, bonuses and job evaluations.
- Work closely with CHRO on executive pay programs.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the company’s payroll and workers compensation systems and processes, insuring compliance, efficiency and simplification
- Develop people analytics: lead, learn and impact business results by using people data; provide fact-based solutions and data analysis to help influence changes to operations, process or programs.
- Oversight for all HR compliance programs including: General HR Compliance, Wage and Hour, workers compensation, HR Data Integrity, and partnership with Legal and Internal Audit teams on cross-functional compliance programs, HRIS data integrity and security, Acquisition due diligence and other areas related to HR compliance to meet requirements
- Review, update, and implement HR operations procedures to ensure operational compliance with all federal, state and local regulations (e.g. FLSA, ACA, OFCCP, etc.).
- Responsible for cross-functional projects in designated areas that enhance both operational efficiencies and employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle, including process design, mapping, improvements, and automation
- Lead and influence with HR industry best practices and proven methodologies for process improvement, scalability and automation to support business initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Human Resources or related discipline
- Minimum 1 years related experience
- Minimum 1 years compensation experience; executive compensation experience desired; CCP accreditation desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, competitive exempt and non-exempt compensation strategies and practices including job evaluation, market evaluation, salary classifications and banding
- Expert HRMS skills; experience with an HRMS implementation desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, payroll systems and workers compensation strategies and practices
- Exceptional leadership and people-management skills that will motivate and develop a high-performing team
- Exceptional customer service orientation; Ability to build, sustain and influence relationships at all levels and develop networks as appropriate
- Strong project management skills with an organized approach to prioritizing, planning, and re-prioritizing projects for self and direct reports
- Highly articulate and influential; able to crisply and credibly present, and affect change at all levels of the organization
- Strong data and analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations; strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of government regulations as they apply to Compensation and HR Policies and programs
- Strong computer and reporting skills including advanced excel
Interested Candidates are requested to contact us on Facebook Messenger.