Customer Sales Advisor Job in United Kingdom at Jewson
Customer Sales Advisor – Farnham
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about working with people, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Customer Sales Advisor in the Farnham branch.
You’ll be working for Jewson’s in Farnham. Jewson’s one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK with over 500 branches; we’ve come a long way since opening our first store in 1836!
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! A great Customer Sales Advisor at Jewson’s will put the customer first, focusing on finding solutions for them and building trust. Truly acting as an entrepreneur you will be proactive, taking time to understand your customers. You’ll also show resilience when things don’t go according to plan; being open to new ideas and happy to learn.
There is some specific skills and experience we are looking for from suitable candidates:
- An understanding of the market and product knowledge (builder’s merchant/technical)
- A strong Sales focus with experience in a similar role
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as part of a team
- Comfortable answering phones and making calls with strong customer service
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Senior Sales Advisor is an important contributor to the performance of the business and to ensure our customers have a positive experience with us. You will be working alongside two other sales advisors who can support where needed. A knowledgeable candidate is desired, although if you don’t know something being proactive in your approach is a great benefit for this role.
To support our customers effectively you will:
- Maximising customer interactions to support achievement of sales and profit targets through upselling and cross-selling relevant products offering specific product advice.
- Developing new customer accounts and lapsed accounts
- Build strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, managing feedback accordingly
- Ensuring all customer orders are fulfilled in a timely fashion
- Supporting all Company initiatives
- Following plans to continuously improve customer experience
- Understanding local market issues and communicate to Manager to support sales growth plans
- Advise customers on trading terms and conditions and information in relation to customer accounts and credit levels
- Serving customers on the counter when needed
- Supporting larger customer orders and upselling where needed
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job
share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.