Cleaner Job in Canada at National Defence
Job opportunities with the Department of National Defence (DND) can benefit you and your career in a number of ways as well as offer you valuable experience in a large and complex department. Join us toda
In all areas of our business, each one of us has a role in supporting the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) in operations. As a civilian employee, you will be an essential part of the Defence Team.
Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities:
- A secondary school diploma.
- Experience working or volunteering in a mixed civilian and military environment.
- Experience in operating a floor polisher.
- Experience in operating a floor auto scrubber.
- Knowledge of various types of industrial cleaning equipment and the techniques to operate, clean and maintain them.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and safety procedures while handling chemicals and equipment.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to understand instructions. Must be willing and able to work shift schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Must be willing and able to wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in compliance with safety regulations.
- Must be willing and able to wear safety footwear as required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 kgs in accordance with general safety practices.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders to perform various duties at heights of up to eight (8) feet.