Administrative Assistant Job In Malta At Evergreen Real Estate Group
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $29.6K – $37.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in DeKalb, IL.
Full Job Description
University Village I & II – DeKalb, IL
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Property Manager in effectively managing all office/administrative tasks of the assigned property by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., Title VII issues, ADA, Fair Housing, OSHA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other laws associated with the industry.
- Assists the Property Manager with the coordination of all site specific aspects of payroll including the management of employee timecards.
- Assists the Property Manager with the implementation and/or enforcement of all Human Resources related tasks and policies.
- Collects rents and other fees and prepare deposit package for the Property Manager – or make the deposit, as requested.
- Up-dates all rents, deposits and other fees received into One Site, on a daily basis.
- Assists with issuing appropriate notices when necessary (late fees, eviction notices, returned check memos, etc.).
- Enters A/P into One Site and submit packages to corporate office.
Regulatory (designated properties only)
- Assists with the certification process by sending notices, third party verification, the conduction of resident questionnaire interviews, and assembling resident certification files.
- Performs clerical and other office management tasks, as assigned.
- Reports issues and/or problems to the Property Manager.
- Works with other staff in such a manner as to maintain a cordial and efficient environment.
- Serves as receptionist, answers telephones, greets residents and guests, distributes parking stickers, assists with laundry tickets, etc.
- Is familiar with and be able to utilize assigned facets of the One-Site software.
- Assists with coordination of special events or social activities at the site.
- Maintains records and ensure proper handling and filing of correspondence, vendor files, and warranties, certificates of insurance and other office-related documents.
- Obtains work orders from residents and enter into One Site; distribute to maintenance staff.
- Responds to emergency requests, immediately, and report the emergency to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance, as needed.
- Assists the Property Manager with procurement of supplies.
- Monitors turnover of units.
- Inspects the property and apartments, as assigned; document inspections.
- Understands and ensures adherence to all Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act and other laws related to leasing.
- Assists with maintaining the waiting list, as requested.
- Assists with outreach marketing, as requested.
- Assists with market surveys; shop competition.
- Welcomes and shows property to prospective applicants, as requested.
- Prepares leasing packets.
- Assists with move-in tasks, as requested.
- Assists with orientation of new residents.
- Fosters and maintains positive resident relations and excellent communications with resident.
- Responds to resident questions, complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Relates to the Resident Council representatives in a positive manner.
Owner and Community Relations
- Attends scheduled meetings with Owner and/or agent.
- Projects a positive community image for the owner and building.
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the Property Manager immediately. Report all work-related accidents/injuries immediately to the Property Manager in accordance with company policy guidelines.
- Assists in the completion of any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And /Or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Other Skill, Abilities, And Qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in responsible clerical or assistant position
- Ability to understand and implement compliance regulations; read and review reports and a wide variety of correspondence.
- Must be willing to take direction and guidance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a diverse population and group of personalities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted and customer service-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work as a team, interact with others in a professional/pleasant manner and exercise problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking or define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Must be able to utilize basic math skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management within their shift, prior to clocking out for the workday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.