Community Support Case Worker Job in Denmark at Oneida Nation Enterprises
Accomplish the Center for Self Sufficiency objectives by administering Tribal Community Support Services Fund. Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP), Weatherization, and Community Service Block Grant Programs (CSBG). Ensure that services are provided effectively and efficiently to all consumers. The Limited Term Contract end October 31, 2022. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Practice excellent customer service skills at all times to include, but not limited to, addressing customers and employees with respect, companion, empathy, courtesy, promptness and confidentiality.
2. Process applications for support programs, verifies information on applications, determine eligibility, and refer to other programs as needed, based on established guidelines.
3. Perform excellent case management to include; scheduling, referrals, and follow up.
4. Communicate denial or approval of benefits, payment distribution information, and vendor approved payments to clients both verbally and in writing.
5. Inform customers of rights and responsibilities and provides instructions regarding allowable use of services.
6. Ensure appropriate referral for zoning compliance for building projects.
7. Enter data into system/computer, ensuring accuracy; maintain comprehensive document and computer files.
8. Investigate irregularities in applications and evaluate case information to prevent duplication of services and program fraud.
9. Act as a liaison between clients and vendors to obtain or verify information.
10. Prepare and submit order forms and accounting documents for vendor payments.
11. Prepare and issue work orders for home disability renovations.
12. Recommend revisions to existing policies according to best practices.
13. Respond to questions and complaints from internal and external customers.
14. Prepare and submit program reports required by funding sources.
15. Attend and actively participate in job related meetings.
16. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending job related seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
17. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
18. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
19. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently walk, sit; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally stand, stoop, lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
2. Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
3. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or a 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment.
1. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.2. Knowledge of department organization, functions, objectives, policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of tribal, state, and federal economic support programs.
4. Knowledge of the Oneida community, history, and culture.
5. Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic math.
6. Knowledge of records management.
7. Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Word environment.
8. Skill in determining eligibility for benefits, based on knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and requirements.
9. Skill in interviewing in a one on one setting.
10. Ability to function well in a team oriented environment, utilizing team resources and work independently and meet strict time lines.
11. Ability to inform and communicate verbally and in writing in diverse and challenging situations, with the ability to process information effectively and accurately; making objective decisions.
12. Ability to compose clear and concise reports and letters.
13. Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with a variety of individuals and groups in a complex multicultural environment.
14. Ability to function in a continuously evolving work environment.
15. Ability and willingness to be dependable, conscientious, present a professional appearance and demeanor representing the Oneida Nation.
16. Oneida Certification on reporting Child Abuse and Neglect within ninety (90) days of employment.
17. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
18. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
19. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
20. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation’s Gaming Division.
21. A valid driver’s license or occupational driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance is required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license or occupational driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a Personal and Tribal vehicle under the Oneida Nation’s Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Development or closely related field.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Associates Degree in Human Development, Counseling or closely related field.
2. One years’ experience in a public assistance role, with some of that experience in interviewing and determining benefit eligibility and/or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
Must provide a copy of diploma, license, degree or certification upon employment.