Riverside Foods Packing Lead Back Up Job in Denmark at Lakeside Foods, Inc.
Full Job Description
At Riverside Foods, a subsidiary of Lakeside, we’re committed to growing our company – and our people. When you join the Lakeside team, you’ll become part of our family. Since 1887 we’ve produced a diverse line of canned and frozen foods. We sell our products through major retailers, food service distributors and national restaurant chains. We’re driven to find new, innovative ways to serve our customers and our community. And there’s a seat at the table for you.
We are offering a competitive Sign-On Bonus for new hires!
They must oversee the packaging process and ensure it runs smoothly. That includes tasks like: operating the filling line, loading stock, forming cartons, palletizing, and labelling. They will also ensure the packaged product makes it safely to the warehouse or distribution center.
Job Duties include:
- Place completed products into containers and prepare them for shipment by weighing, labeling, and recording information about each package.
- Ensure that the prepared packages make it to their designated locations, such as loading zones or into inventory.
- Must be thorough in their work.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Make manual adjustments to robotics.
- Knowledge of guardrail systems.
- Ensure proper specifications are on the labels.
- Ensure productivity is maximized by driving efficiencies and utilization at all times.
- Ensure Packing Operatives are motivated to maximize productivity by driving efficiencies
- Implement Packing process improvement initiatives as directed by management.
- Ensure the Focus of the Packing Operatives are based on the customer’s needs and service delivery.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Security compliance at all times within the site.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication with production team and quality.
- Must be able to operate a manual pallet jack and an electric walk behind pallet jack.
- Some basic math skills required.
- May work in some temperature controlled areas.
- Able to wear safety-toed shoes.
- Able to take direction from supervisor.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned.
We are looking to grow Riverside Foods and want leaders to join us!