Caregiver Job in Denmark at Woodside Senior Communities
Full Job Description
Starting Range $18.00-$22.00/hour based on experience!
Our Personal Caregiver Assistants work in our Assisted Living Facility:
- Promote principles of resident directed care including honoring residents’ desires, strengths, and preferences. Promote residents’ highest level of function
- Transfers residents, in wheelchairs, from room to common area, dining area, activities, or church
- Once certified, administers medications as ordered, including insulin, injections, topical, enteral, oral, etc.
- Understands the importance and necessity of accurate documentation
- Assemble, thin, and disassemble resident charts as necessary
- Responds to inquiries from families, and other referral sources by providing information about the facility, including tours when the Villa Care Coordinator or Admissions Coordinator are unavailable
- Provides care on the basis of infection control and blood borne pathogen best practices
- Answer resident call signals
- Turn and reposition residents alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores
- Collect specimens such as urine, feces, or sputum as needed
- Observe resident conditions, measuring and recording intake and output and vitals as needed and ordered. Report changes to professional staff, physician, and/or family
- Provide residents with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed. Bathe, groom, shave, dress and complete incontinent care as needed. Assist residents with eating
Our successful caregivers are preferred to have experience as a caregiver in a CBRF or other healthcare setting, but other candidates will be considered as well.